Dragon oversaw construction outsourcing of 5 alternative transportation vessels from Asian based shipbuilders, delivering on time and on budget.
Dragon Industries Asia was tasked by a government agency to manage procurement of 5 vessels from preliminary design and approval through to construction, seaworthiness trials, international delivery logistics and customs clearance.
Dragon provided comprehensive procurement, construction and delivery management, including:
- Manpower recruitment and management
- Project management and client representation
- Naval Architect verifications and reviews
- Fabrication design management
- Shipyard selection and management
- Launch and trial
- International sea logistics, including utilisation of heavy lift vessel
This project was delivered to exceptionally tight deadlines, with final delivery of all vessels within 18 weeks of project inauguration. Upon completion of the vessels Dragon was given a repeat order to be delivered by the end of the last quarter in 2014, further enhancing Dragon’s ability to service its clients quality, delivery and management needs.